Southern Arkansas University offers students “The Complete College Experience” on campus, and is expanding opportunities to earn life and learning experiences away from campus.
- student participation in the research process and presentations at conferences.
- student’s personal financial investment in the travel.
- representation from all colleges.
- representation from all student classifications (traditional, non-traditional, graduate).
Other travel that received financial assistance included:
- Megan Kelley, a graduate student in the public administration program, and Daniel Watson, SAU psychology alum, presented in a poster session at the Southwestern Psychological Association (SWPA) Annual Convention in Fort Worth, Texas, on April 6, 2013.
- Sara Mercado was also given the opportunity to present a qualitative research project at the SWPA convention in April.
- Barbara Rutter presented a research project at the Arkansas Academy of Sciences conference in Little Rock, and won first place in the physical sciences category.
- Benjamin Coulter was able to meet and interact with current and future counselors at the American Counseling Association conference.
- Michelle Beavers is currently at a summer mini session on Barrier Island Ecology at the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory Marine Education Center in Ocean Springs, Miss.
- A group of 34 nursing students attended the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Research Day in Little Rock.
- Five students received scholarships to assist with their participation in the trip directed by Dr. Svetlana Paulson to Switzerland, Italy, and France.